Re: Call for talks at our FOSDEM 2010 devroom (deadline 2010-01-03)

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Call for talks at our FOSDEM 2010 devroom (deadline 2010-01-03)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 16:37:34 +0000

On 4 Jan 2010, at 23:04, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

David Chisnall:
* "Objective-C 2: libobjc2 and Clang, current status, plans for the future." Afternoon * "Étoilé: Where it is, where it's going, why it isn't there yet." Afternoon * "LanguageKit: Supporting other dynamic languages on the ObjC runtime." Afternoon * "Porting Cocoa apps to other platforms: what works, what doesn't, what to do to make porting easier." Afternoon

@David: Could you please give me some assumptions for the duration of your talks?

I'm still not 100% sure that I can make FOSDEM - my house move has been delayed and it's starting to look like it will clash. If someone can get some speakers set up then I'm still happy to give a talk or two via video conference again if I can't make it.

It would probably be better if Quentin gave an Étoilé status talk, so put me down for half an hour for each of these:

* "Objective-C 2: libobjc2 and Clang, current status, plans for the future." Afternoon * "LanguageKit: Supporting other dynamic languages on the ObjC runtime." Afternoon

I'm quite flexible - I can adjust the talk lengths anywhere form 10 minutes to an hour for both, depending on how much detail people want.

David

-- Sent from my PDP-11