Re: background color doubleclick

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: background color doubleclick
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:47:44 +0100

Am 21.01.2010 10:41, schrieb Andreas Höschler:
> Hi all,
>
> doubleclicking on text in an NSTextField highlights the selection. On my
> Sun Ray screen the color (some light blue) has a nice contrast and is
> easy to see. On a NEC monitor this color is much brighter and thus hard
> to see. I assume this can be controlled (selected) with a
>
>     defaults write NSGlobalDomain ...
>
> command but what will be the key and the possible values for that?

It is better to set the colours by using the system preferences
application. The key you are looking for is selectedTextBackgroundColor.
But none of the default colours of GNUstep is blue, actually all of them
are some sort of gray. Most likely you are already using a GNUstep theme
or have your colours changed in some other way.

If you insist on the defaults method of setting a colour here is the
command for you:

defaults write NSGlobalDomain selectedTextBackgroundColor "0.0 0.3 0.8"

or

defaults write NSGlobalDomain selectedTextBackgroundColor
"{ColorSpace=NSCalibratedRGBColorSpace, R=0.0, G=0.3 B=0.8}"

But you really should use system preferences instead.