Re: I lied

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: I lied
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:20:58 -0800 (PST)

> I am asking for permission to do those
> things myself and hopefully in the process get some other people as
> excited as I am about the possibilities this environment presents.

Welcome!

You may need some logins and passwords to get access to the required
tools,
but just ask for it.

> I am trying to learn to program in C at the moment, I used to be a
> pretty decent Pascal/VB/VBA and database programmer, I have been in
> the computer industry since I got my first job in 1978 repairing
> TRS-80s.  I am learning C so that I can then learn Objective-C so that

I remember the times when Apple ][, Commodore, TRS80 were the best you
could afford (I couldn't because I was still going to middle school).
And because it was just 10 years development until NeXTStep came out,
I can understand that you look what has been developed in the next 20
years...

> I can help more with the  programming side of the effort.

Everyone here on this list has his very different history of becoming
a contributor. AFAIK not all have started as programmers or computer
scientists.

> To those of you who have answered my questions, I appreciate your
> efforts.  To those of you that are ridiculing me, too bad, I am
> interested in this project and I don't give up that easily.

Well, even GNUsteppers are real humans :) All facets are availabe, so
expect more contrary discussions in the future.

Best regards,
Nikolaus