RE: Help with Windows Setup - NSCalendar specifically

From: Kevin Konkle
Subject: RE: Help with Windows Setup - NSCalendar specifically
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 16:11:49 -0500

> To get NSCalendar you need to write that class

Yikes, that's definitely not the answer I was hoping for.  I think
contributing a new class to GNUstep is a bit out of my league, having never
looked at Objective C at all before Monday this week.  I'm much closer to
the "Hello World" stage with Objective C than I am to the "contribute
something useful to the language" stage. =)

My plan now is to write the necessary function using NSCalendarDate and get
it working on my system.  Then I'll give it to my friend who has a Mac, an
iPhone, and the iPhone Dev environment, and hope he is able to translate
from my code to an NSCalendar version of the code.

Definitely not ideal, but he is doing most of the dev and just asked for my
help with this one tricky function, which is unfortunately very date
intensive, which is the one thing GNUstep seems to lack in terms of iPhone
development.

Thank you for your help.  I'll definitely look into the Make Files.

/<evin