Re: libobjc2 release?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: libobjc2 release?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:59:15 +0000

On 15 Mar 2010, at 09:30, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> One possibility that occurs to me is that we could maintain a file listing
> 'common' failures and change the testsuite script to filter failures through
> that file (eg with 'fgrep -v -f filename').
> That might then give us output like:

The solution in other test suites is to mark it as an expected failure.  Then,
if it fails the user gets a 1 Expected Failure in the output and ignores it,
but if it works for a developer they get 1 Unexpected Pass and have a look to
see what it was.  We could do this quite easily with an xfail() version of the
pass() function.

It would also be really helpful if we could automatically report the line
number for test failures.  Unfortunately, this isn't possible while the pass()
function is a function.  Are there any objections if I turn it into a macro?

David

-- Sent from my Apple II