Re: help to execute GORM ubuntu 10.04 32bits

From: Eduardo Osorio Armenta
Subject: Re: help to execute GORM ubuntu 10.04 32bits
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 23:35:07 -0500

great great!

sudo -E make install

works great,
yes i already built the latest stable releases,

i believe some environment variables were unset or so because
i already had working ProjectCenter

anyway thank you so much for your help!
you are the best!

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Eric Wasylishen <ewasylishen@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Eduardo,

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Eduardo Osorio Armenta
<eduardo.osorio.armenta@gmail.com> wrote:
> aaahhh!
> that's it,
> gracias  German,
> now i need to find how to execute without being SU,

You can also use "sudo -E make install" . I use that command when
installing anything using GNUstep make.

> i'm getting this when executing as mortal user:
>
> You can avoid slowness of this time zone detecting approach
> by setting the environment variable TZ='Mexico/General'
> Or You can override the timezone name by setting the 'Local Time Zone'
> NSUserDefault via the 'defaults' command line utility, a Preferences
> application, or some other utility.
> eg "defaults write NSGlobalDomain 'Local Time Zone' 'Mexico/General'"
> 2010-07-20 23:06:48.892 Gorm[29006] Did not find correct version of backend
> (libgnustep-back-0.18-018.bundle), falling back to std
> (libgnustep-back-0.18.bundle).
> 2010-07-20 23:06:48.900 Gorm[29006] NSApplication.m:304  Assertion failed in
> initialize_gnustep_backend.  Unable to find backend libgnustep-back-0.18
> /usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Applications/Gorm.app/Gorm: Uncaught exception
> NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSApplication.m:304  Assertion
> failed in initialize_gnustep_backend.  Unable to find backend
> libgnustep-back-0.18
>
> I will review the gnustep wiki and your blog,
> Thank you so much
> Best regards

I'm not sure what happened here. :-(
Maybe check that you don't have an old copy of gnustep-back installed
(from ubuntu?)
Try rebuilding Gorm (other GNUstep apps work, right?)

--Eric