Re: FOSDEM next year

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: FOSDEM next year
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 23:11:27 +0100

Hi Lars,

On 26 Aug 2010, at 18:38, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

> The dates for FOSDEM 2011 are out and so is the call for main speakers and
> devrooms. I hope everyone agrees that GNUstep wants to participate with a
> devroom again (and it also reminds me of finishing the videos of this years
> FOSDEM). Deadline for devroom requests is 2010-10-16 btw.

You did a really great job organising FOSDEM this year, so thanks for
volunteering to do it again.  I'd be happy to give some talks again next year,
although I have no idea what the topics would be.  I wonder if it would be
worth redoing my 'porting Cocoa Apps' talk as a lightning talk or similar this
time, for a wider audience?

From last year, there was a suggestion that we try to get a discount on a hotel
by doing a group booking.  If we can get numbers of GNUstep people by December,
we can probably get quite a large discount if we contact a few places and ask
what kind of deal they can offer us.  If we do this, then it would be nice to
get there a day or two early and have some time for discussion / hacking first,
if people can get a couple of days off work.

David