Re: Sound attribute of a button - app doesn't play the sound

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Sound attribute of a button - app doesn't play the sound
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:53:05 +0200

Hi Stef,

Stef Bidi <stefanbidi@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm assuming this feature uses NSSound to play sound, so the problem
> would most likely be there.  Do you have libsndfile and libao
> installed on your system?  If you do have those two libraries, make
> sure GNUstep built and installed the Sndfile.nssound and
> AudioOutput.nssound bundles... they should be installed in the
> Bundles/ dir.

I have installed: libsndfile1, libsndfile1-dev, mffm-libsndfilew-dev,
libao-common, libao4, libao-dev.

On my Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze I have installed in the directory:
/usr/share/GNUstep/Bundles/ the following:

Defaults.prefPane
FileSystem.prefPane
FontModule.prefPane
ModifierKeys.prefPane
Themes.prefPane
TimeZone.prefPane
Volumes.prefPane

and haven't installed there:
Sndfile.nssound
AudioOutput.nssound

but have installed it here:
/usr/lib/GNUstep/Bundles/Sndfile.nssound
/usr/lib/GNUstep/Bundles/AudioOutput.nssound

I have installed GNUstep from debian packages with aptitude.

Maybe the problem is that that the sound file is in OGG format?

--
Regards, Paul Chany
http://www.debian.org