Re: Renaissance, Obj-C, Handling the sound attribute of a button

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Renaissance, Obj-C, Handling the sound attribute of a button
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:24:41 +0200

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> Germán Arias <german@xelalug.org> writes:
>
>> On dom, 2010-09-19 at 10:41 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>>>
>>> I added the sound attribute for buttons. These buttons have title '1'
>>> or alternateTitle '0' on the GUI of the app. These are toggle
>>> buttons.
>
>>> The sound can't be heared. Why?
>
>> Maybe this is a problem with your sound bundles. Try with format wav.
>
> I did try also whit wav format, but still can't heare the sound of my
> buttons.
>
> However, when open in Gorm a GUI from another project and in Main Gorm
> window click on Sounds, I get 'Bottle', 'Blow', 'Basso' etc. sounds, and
> when play these sounds I can heare these sounds very well.

And now I did try the following. :)

I copy my sound file: GombHangja_Magas.wav into the
/usr/lib/GNUstep/Sounds/ directory where the sound files 'Bottle',
'Blow', 'Basso' etc. are, and in Gorm I can heare my sound file too.

Then I copy the GombHangja_Magas.ogg file too in
/usr/lib/GNUstep/Sounds/ but now Gorm complain about that that there is
the same Resource file, so I must to rename GombHangja_Magas.ogg into
GombHangja_Magas_OGG.ogg. After that in Gorm I can play booth files with
.wav and with .ogg exstensions and I can heare booth sounds.

--
Regards, Paul Chany
http://www.debian.org