Re: Renaissance, Obj-C, Handling the sound attribute of a button

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Renaissance, Obj-C, Handling the sound attribute of a button
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:07:08 +0200

"Nicola Pero" <nicola.pero@meta-innovation.com> writes:

>> I copy my sound file: GombHangja_Magas.wav into the
>> /usr/lib/GNUstep/Sounds/ directory where the sound files 'Bottle',
>> 'Blow', 'Basso' etc. are, and in Gorm I can heare my sound file too.

I did this just to try out whether can I play/heare my soundfile in
Gorm.

> It sounds that it's a problem finding the sound file.  In your
> Renaissance application, did you list the sound file in the
> xxx_RESOURCE_FILES ?  If you don't, it won't be copied into the .app
> directory, and so it won't be found. ;-)

Yes, I did (see bellow).

> So, make sure you have 'GombHangja_Magas.wav' (or whatever the name of
> the sound file that you're trying to use) in the variable
> xxx_RESOURCE_FILES for your application in your GNUmakefile.
>
> If you don't have one such variable, add it to your GNUmakefile --
>
> xxx_RESOURCE_FILES = GombHangja_Magas.wav
>
> where xxx must be replaced with the name of your application. ;-)

My GNUmakefile follows:
[code]
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

APP_NAME = LPT_Interface

LPT_Interface_HEADERS = MainController.h
LPT_Interface_OBJC_FILES = main.m MainController.m

LPT_Interface_APPLICATION_ICON = LPT_Interface_48.tiff

LPT_Interface_RESOURCE_FILES = \
        GombHangja_Magas.wav \
        LPT_Interface_48.tiff \
        LPT_InterfaceAblaka.gsmarkup \
        MainMenu-GNUstep.gsmarkup \
        MainMenu-OSX.gsmarkup

LPT_Interface_LOCALIZED_RESOURCE_FILES = \
        LPT_InterfaceAblaka.strings \
        MainMenu-GNUstep.strings \
        MainMenu-OSX.strings

LPT_Interface_LANGUAGES = English Hungarian Serbian_Latin

ifeq ($(FOUNDATION_LIB), apple)
  ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_DIRS += -framework Renaissance
  ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS += -framework Renaissance
else
  ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS += -lRenaissance
endif

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/application.make
[/code]

Still I can't heare sound when click on such a toggle button with sound
attribute. Why?

--
Regards, Paul Chany
http://www.debian.org