Re: Running a separate script from my app using NSBundle, NSTask

From: SPUeNTRUP - Kai Henningsen
Subject: Re: Running a separate script from my app using NSBundle, NSTask
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 10:01:10 +0100

Hello,

Am Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:28:54 +0100
schrieb Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com>:

> Then I must do the following commands to compile it and give it SETUID
> permission:
>
>  $ sudo gcc -ggdb -O DPResetBit0.c -o DPResetBit0
>  $ sudo chmod +s DPResetBit0

Let me just point out that there is never a need to run gcc as root
(and in fact it is usually a bad idea, as it hasn't been audited to be
safe). The right way to do this is something along these lines:

$ gcc -ggdb -O DPResetBit0.c -o DPResetBit0
$ sudo chown root:root DPResetBit0
$ sudo chmod +s DPResetBit0

... or just

$ make
$ sudo make install

(which I believe is one of the major reasons for having a separate
install target in the first place).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Münster /
with kind regards - Kai Henningsen

--