Re: GNOME Theme Improvements....

From: Samuel Dionne-Riel
Subject: Re: GNOME Theme Improvements....
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 17:56:37 +0000 (UTC)

Banlu Kemiyatorn <object <at> gmail.com> writes:

> May be my solution is more suitable for a GS or OSX users, as I just
> dont want to make a sacrifice of the top to left accessibility for a
> top of the window menu. But this built-in-window menu is sure welcome
> as it seems integrated better with GNOME environment. Actually I am
> currently looking at gnome-panel source right now
> (panel-menu-bar.[ch]) and it looks pretty easy to have a vertical menu
> as the replacement/addition to the Applications one or it could even
> be a horizontal one.

That's true, we need both to be possible. I only said that at first for
compatibility and integration's sake with the already existing gnome
applications.

I personally like the global menu bar http://live.gnome.org/GlobalMenu that
was proposed some time ago. It's a shame it is still not integrated upstream.
I don't think it will ever be either.

If your solution works seamlessly with that already established global menu,
it might ease some pains if the gnome project ever wants to do the same thing.