Re: Associating bundle directories with app

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Associating bundle directories with app
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:20:50 +0000

On 22 Jan 2011, at 16:04, Ivan Vučica wrote:

> Still, I really don't think there is much need to actively monitor the
> filesystem. Simply registering in NSWorkspace's +initialize or -init, or in
> NSApplication's +initialize or -init (which does not seem to happen at the
> moment, at my first glance in in the source code last updated a few days ago)
> would greatly improve the user experience when apps are distributed as
> bundles.

The -findApplications method is already called from the -init method of
NSWorkspace.

If this is not working then ...
perhaps Zcode has not been installed in one of the directories searched or
perhaps  the filesystem associations in the Info plist are wrong or
perhaps there's a bug in either generating or using the cached information.

You could try running make_services under gdb and checking what it does to see
which of those is the case.