Re: GUI API reference for gnuStep

From: Robert Slover
Subject: Re: GUI API reference for gnuStep
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 06:41:45 -0400

Dead or not, I've been using WindowMaker as my window manager since the mid-1990s, on Solaris, Linux, and AIX, every day, and very often over VPN.  I've never had it crash; never had to fuss with it.  Being old doesn't disqualify it from being good at what it does.  It was usable over dial-up when nothing else was.

I can't say anything good about GNOME.  It was installed as part of the 'Sun Java Desktop System' when I upgraded my U60 here at home to Solaris 10, and made that machine practically useless for local desktop use, it was so insanely slow.  Removing GNOME from it was like excising a cancer.

--Robert