gnustep on cygwin

From: Pirmin Braun
Subject: gnustep on cygwin
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 02:07:45 +0100

I'm trying to get gnustep-base working on the latest stable release of
cygwin and applied  yselkowitz's patches to gnustep-make.2.4 as
appropriate. But no luck:
gnustep-base 1.20.1 compiles fine, my little NSLog(@"hello
world") test program (a tool), too. But it crashes with seg fault. It
works on mingw and Linux. I've tried all sorts of gcc and
ffi and objc runtimes, but no luck.
So please, can you give me some advice:
- which gcc to use in cygwin?
- ffcall or ffi? cygwin version or this extra gnustep.org
libffi-gcc4.2.2 version?
- is this gnustep-objc-1.6.0 still necessary? It doesn't
compile with newer gcc 4.5 btw.
- any secret configuration options?
- threading model POSIX ok?

Since we're about to port a big project with Linux
dependencies, mingw  is not an option.

--
mit freundlichen Gruessen/best regards

Pirmin Braun