Re: GUI API reference for gnuStep

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: GUI API reference for gnuStep
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:48:47 -0400

Banlu Kemiyatorn <object@gmail.com> writes:

> GNOME _has_ a window manager, was that Sawmill/Sawfish at the time?

Of course it does. I do believe it was Sawfish at that time.

> WMaker was suggested to be the official GNOME WM by the GNU-GNU
> policy,  it was that that was really make no sense.

OK. Of course this make no sense, since the philosophy of Gnome and
WMaker are totally different. However, I still don't understand why
Alfred, Dan and you feel that you guys are competing with Gnome and not
just continued. After all, a lot of the old window managers are still in
development, such as Fluxbox, Sawfish, FVWM, Enlightenment, etc.

> WINGs was made to compete in some areas that GNUstep wasnt ready for
> at the time.

True.

Charles

--
"MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
of careful development."