Re: Best Linux distro for GNUstep?

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: Best Linux distro for GNUstep?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:22:57 +1100

Ubuntu allows sort of "personal" repositories as well, which we can
control the release cycle of. These are often used for things like
themes and software that has alot of release cycles e.g. I used it
yesterday for backintime (a backup programme) because the Ubuntu 10.04
version was buggy.

I think it might be possible for us to use one of these, at least for
Ubuntu users, as we could maintain more up-to-date packages for users
interested in trying up-to-date versions of GNUstep. The only problem I
see is that the maintainer of the PPA needs to sign the Ubuntu Code of
Conduct.

https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

Cheers
Chris

--
  Christopher Armstrong
  carmstrong ^^AT^ fastmail dOT com /Dot/ au