Re: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda 0.42

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda 0.42
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 01:08:28 +0200

On 05/05/11 09:21, Philippe Roussel wrote:
> Le jeudi 05 mai 2011 à 09:00 +0200, Sebastian Reitenbach a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> On Wednesday, May 4, 2011 22:21 CEST, Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Le samedi 30 avril 2011 à 19:36 +0200, Niels Grewe a écrit :
>>>
>>> [snip]

>>> Is there something new on this problem or should I try to reproduce the
>>> problem by installing kde ?
>> I was a bit busy with other things, sorry.
> Hey, no problem, you're the one helping here :o)
I ran above command, with started kde 3.5.10, but it told me:

org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service files

googling, I found I haven't installed a notification-daemon. So I
additionally installed notification-daemon-xfce-0.3.7.
Since I have no system dbus deamon running, I still got those warnings
that SimpleAgenda failed to connect to the socket in /var/run/dbus/ but
I saw this in the console:
Alarm Backend <DBus desktop notification> registered
and I can select it in the preferences.

Sebastian