Re: install headers for an application

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: Re: install headers for an application
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:56:56 +0200

Hello Sebastian,
I currently do not consider it a good idea to iclude these two apps into
the OpenBSD ports tree. While CDPlayer works in general, Burn has not
undergone maintenance for quite a while, now (lack of time). I don't
know whether it still works as expected.
As for CDPlayer, it can handle only those cases where the CD drive is
directly connected with the sound card. Unfortunately, this is no longer
the case on newer systems. Here, it is necessary to read the digital
data from the disk, process it and send it to the sound IF. As there
exists no easy to use lib for this purpose, I will most probably not
implement this.
So, you should consider your plan well. :-)

Cheers
Andreas