Re: Garbage Collection

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Garbage Collection
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 15:46:51 +0100

Yup, as I said in the first email:

> If you are using trunk versions of the runtime, clang, base, and back,
> Apple-compatible garbage collection now works well enough for Gorm to run.

You need trunk versions of all of these four packages, and you need to
recompile everything above the runtime with -fobjc-gc-only.  I was pleasantly
surprised that -gui and Gorm worked with no modifications, and -back only
needed one file tweaking to use NSAllocateCollectable() instead of malloc().

David

-- Sent from my Apple II