Re: Problem with exception handling: WAS: no thread-safe +initialize in

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Problem with exception handling: WAS: no thread-safe +initialize in old gnustep runtime?
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:37:43 +0200

Hi Wolfgang,

On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:02 CEST, Wolfgang Lux <wolfgang.lux@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
>
> > The backtrace for Sudoku always looked like this:
> > (gdb) r
> > Starting program: /usr/local/bin/Sudoku
> > 2011-06-12 13:37:23.177 Sudoku[2758] Cannot load the main model file
> > 'Sudoku.gorm'
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> The interesting point is here. Your Soduko application cannot load its
> main model file, so it cannot display its menu and would seem to hang.
> Usually, I happen to see this error when my applications are linked
> against an older GNUstep version. Before trying to track down the
> stack trace error (which well may be the result of a memory corruption
> as Richard explained), I would suggest looking at the dynamic
> libraries loaded by the application (info sharedlibrary in gdb should
> help) and making sure that there is just one version of gnustep-base,
> gnustep-gui, and gnustep-back.

There is no Sudoku.gorm interface file at all. The Sudoku somehow works without
it. I also see this warning on Linux, where it just works as expected. I
already sent Riccardo a patch to remove the references to Sudoku.gorm file from
the PC.project.
So this is unfortunately not the problem/solution.

Sebastian