Re: Compiling corebase on Windows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Compiling corebase on Windows
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 07:14:02 +0100

On 26 Sep 2011, at 03:58, Stefan Bidi wrote:

> I was able to up to a certain point with the installation of corebase on
> Windows, today.  I still have a few show stoppers, though.  The list is:
>
> (1) GNUstepBase/preface.h includes windows.h and a conflict between Window's
> BOOL and ObjC's BOOL.  The fix is fairly simple, just add a define like David
> suggested.

The file doesn't exist in current base.

> (2) objc/runtime.h does not exist on Windows.  I'm not sure if this is
> because the windows installer is a little out of date or if this file isn't
> installed on Windows.  In either case, I had to work around it by including
> ObjetiveC2/runtime.h.  I would like to be able to just include objc/runtime.h
> like I do on Linux, though.

I suspect the problem is that you are not using the current release of base,
rather than a windows/linux issue ... because objc/runtime.h exists on my
windows system (though that's built from source rather than the installer
package).

> (3) ICU is not packages with the Windows installer.  I remember at one point
> it was, but it doesn't seem to have made it into the latest release.

That also suggests you may be using an older version.

> I get a bunch of warnings about "import" being deprecated, but the
> compilation still goes through.

And that warning is from an old compiler version.

So the windows installer is not as current as I thought it was, or there was
some mistake creating the latest version, or you've accidentally installed or
are using an old version.