Re: Failed gui test:NSView_autoresize_and_rounding WAS: gnustep compiled

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Failed gui test:NSView_autoresize_and_rounding WAS: gnustep compiled with clang and gworkspace problem
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:41:45 +0100

On 5 Oct 2011, at 11:18, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> Besides its ugly, and forces one more step to do on the user before he can
> use gnustep programs, is there any good advantage of using procfs instead of
> the fake main?
> Will stuff be noticeably faster, more stable, whatever?

The fake main stuff is fragile, because it will break if the compilation unit
containing main() does not include the GNUstep headers.  For example, if you
have a main.c that then calls into some Objective-C stuff later, it won't work.

On FreeBSD, we use kvm to get this, with some slight fudges.  I don't know if
the same code path works on OpenBSD - you can try it (you may need to enable
kvm in configure).

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1