Re: Steven P. Jobs 1955-2011: Here's to the crazy one who inspired us al

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Steven P. Jobs 1955-2011: Here's to the crazy one who inspired us all...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:41:35 +0200

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:37, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
                           I'm indifferent, but I find that many of
   my users are strongly opposed to the GPLv3.

Why are they opposed to it?  Is it because of the part that bans
tivoization?

It may also be the "patent clause". I personally am opposed to software patents (especially the farce they are today), but I suspect the patent clause is as much of a reason as is the anti-tivoization clause.

--
Ivan Vučica - ivan@vucica.net