Re: building a self-contained deployable gnustep

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: building a self-contained deployable gnustep
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:32:22 +0100

I have some out-of-tree patches that make this quite easy - I wrote them for
deploying on WebOS, where I wanted to do the same thing.  I hope to have time
to tidy them up (and make sure that they don't break other configurations)
soon...

Basically, you can link the GNUstep libraries just as you would others, but
they need to be able to find the their resources.  There is some optimisation
in NSBundle that, unfortunately, has the side effect of breaking everything
when the GNUstep libraries are not where they expect to be.  This primarily
means that the time zone data is not in the right place.

I'm not 100% certain why the time zone data needs to be bundled with GNUstep,
since it's present on most systems anyway, so I also want to look at factoring
this out a bit.

David