Re: [cfe-dev] LLVM / Clang 3.0 rc1 Binaries Available

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] LLVM / Clang 3.0 rc1 Binaries Available
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 12:08:37 +0000

On 7 Nov 2011, at 11:51, Quentin Mathé wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just to mention that with Clang 3.0 rc1 and the current libobjc2 from trunk,
> I can compile GNUstep core and Gorm without troubles on Ubuntu 10.4 x86-32.
>
> For the test suite, almost all GNUstep Base tests pass except one.
>
>       •    6409 Passed tests
>       •      10 Skipped sets
>       •       3 Dashed hopes
>       •       1 Failed test
>
>       • base/GSMime/general.m:
>       • Failed test:     general.m:82 ... decodeBase64 works for unpadded data
>
> This seems to be related to the recent changes to GSMime.m.

This is a new test for a new feature .... tolerant handling of bad base64
encoded data where the data is not correctly padded to a 4 byte boundary with
'=' characters as specified in the relevant RFCs.
The new code is supposed to act as if the short data had been padded, and the
new test should confirm that behavior.
Please could you check that when you ran the test you were actually using a
gnustep-base library built from the latest source ... and if so, we need to
work out why the test failed for you (it passes on my system).