Re: empty document at Graphos startup

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: empty document at Graphos startup
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:28:38 +0100

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> I did a core rebuild and rebuilt graphos. For me the problem is consistent on
> NetBSD-x86-32
> However, I cannot reproduce it on Linux and FreeBSD, intel 32bit. Since it
> worked for months and it works on the Mac, I do wonder. It may be a subtle
> bug.

I like subtle bugs :-)
Looking a bit further, I see that the problem is with GRDocView
-updatePrintInfo:. This method changes the size of the document view according
to the size of the printer's page rectangle. Now on the machine where things
don't work for me (GNUstep on OS X), the pageRect is empty, i.e., (0,0,0,0),
which means that the document view's size is set to zero making it effectively
invisible.
Now I don't know whether this is due to recent changes in GRDocView.m (I didn't
bother looking through its history) or is a problem inside -gui. In the latter
case, it maybe worth pointing out that I'm using the GSLPR printer classes
(can't use GSCUPS on OS X because it links in Apple's Objective C runtime).

Wolfgang