Re: Character shifting with cairo

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Character shifting with cairo
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 08:31:06 +0100

Hi,

On Monday, January 2, 2012 00:14 CET, Eric Wasylishen <ewasylishen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Riccardo,
> I suspect this is the same problem that we discussed in the "Fonts displaying
> strangely…" thread:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2011-10/msg00207.html
>
> Try the patch I posted there and see if the spacing problems go away.
>
> The solution is to finish and apply that patch, addressing the concerns Fred
> mentioned (and ideally moving the opal font code to the cairo backend, too.)

That patch helped a little, but did not made it perfect. Wihtout the patch, it
looks like Riccardos screenshot, sometimes characters above each other.
With the patch, the characters are not above each other anymore, but still very
close to each other.

As I wrote in the other thread, the problem for me only seems to be on screens
with 4:3 resolution. On widescreens everything looks good, with and without the
patch.

cheers,
Sebastian