Re: invalid printinfo data, NetBSD

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: invalid printinfo data, NetBSD
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 10:05:06 +0100

Hi Riccardo,

> Hi,
>
> On 01/02/12 09:33, Wolfgang Lux wrote:
>> you should check your user defaults. Try defaults read NSGlobalDomain
>> GSLPRPrinters I'd expect it to return a printer whose PPDPath is (apparently
>> incorrectly) set to
>> /Local/Library/PostScript/PPD/English.lproj/Generic-PostScript_Printer-Postscript.ppdWolfgang
>>

> I don't have such domain in NSGlobalDomain, however, I have it in
> sharedPrintInfo where all those printers are in /Local
>
> Why is that so? It is wrong for my setup (and possibly for everbody who
> installs gnustep core stuff into the system domain)
> sharedPrintInfo GSLPRPrinters '{
>        PPDPath =
> "/Local/Library/PostScript/PPD/English.lproj/Generic-PostScript_Printer-Postscript.ppd";
> Ink GSLPRPrinters '{
>        PPDPath =
> "/Local/Library/PostScript/PPD/English.lproj/Generic-PostScript_Printer-Postscript.ppd";
> Graphos GSLPRPrinters '{
>        PPDPath =
> "/Local/Library/PostScript/PPD/English.lproj/Generic-PostScript_Printer-Postscript.ppd";
> GWorkspace GSLPRPrinters '{
>        PPDPath =
> "/Local/Library/PostScript/PPD/English.lproj/Generic-PostScript_Printer-Postscript.ppd";
> grid$ defaults read sharedPrintInfo
> sharedPrintInfo GSLPRPrinters '{
>    Unnamed = {
>        Host = localhost;
>        Note = "Automatically Generated";
>        PPDPath =
> "/Local/Library/PostScript/PPD/English.lproj/Generic-PostScript_Printer-Postscript.ppd";
>        Type = Unknown;
>    };
> }'

If you don't have an entry in NSGlobalDomain then the application domain (I
assume Graphos) would be relevant for you. The sharedPrintInfo domain is
irrelevant for gui as far as I can tell. You could try and just delete all
those defaults. In that case the code should find the ppd file in the /System
directory.

Wolfgang