Re: ProjectCenter v. 0.6.0 doesn't Lunch Builded App

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter v. 0.6.0 doesn't Lunch Builded App
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:30:00 +0100

Hi,

On 02/12/12 11:37, Csanyi Pal wrote:
First when I start this thread I told that I have installed PC from SVN.
Later I uninstalled every GNUstep part from my system because installing
from sources on Debian put things into different directories as when
installing from debian binaries. I wish a celan Debian way installed
gnustep on my Debian SID which should be recent enough to get the last
features of ProjectCenter and Gorm.

So I have PC version 0.6.0 as it stand in the Subject field of this
mail.

So mayhap it is something misconfigured.
When I uninstalled GNUstep that was installed from SVN source, then it
is possible that some settings remain somewhere on my system, although I
try of my best to remove them completely.
There haven't been big changes in the preference settings thus it ought work. The project format changed quite a bit, but you are not impacted here, I assume you created a new clean project.

So when I run the command

defaults read
As a node, you can read or manipulate a specific domain with "defaults read ProjectCenter" for example.

I get the output such as:
http://paste.debian.net/155979/

I remember of that that when I had installed GNUstep from SVN source, I
have a little more VARIAVABLES as at present when I have installed
GNUstep from debian binares.

So what can I do next to solve this issue for ProjectCenter?
I notice that I have:
ProjectCenter RootBuildDirectory ''

you might wan to run "defaults delete ProjectCenter" to wipe all PC related stuff and try. Before starting the debugger, you should be indeed able to run the project normally.

ProjectCenter works for me under debian and NetBSD, so I really think it is a config issue of some kind.

Riccardo

Riccardo