Re: Voting: do you want to move to git?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Voting: do you want to move to git?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:06:43 +0100

On 13.02.2012 20:45, Amr Aboelela wrote:
Why don't we make voting about moving to git?

Do you want to move to git?

Pls answer yes or no.

My answer is: YES

Sorry, but I would prefer to gather a few more arguments and hands on experience before voting about the move to another version control system, although it was me that suggested that move.

The criteria for me to decide is where the central repository would be situated. I still would prefer Savannah and/or GNA although they both have failed us at times. Savannah is currently hosting the GNUstep bug tracker and I would like to keep that, but have it better integrated with the version control system if that is possible.

Fossil is a completely new option to me and I would prefer to really understand it, before I vote it down. And after all, we cannot move the repository as long as GNA is down :-(

Fred