Re: Testers wanted for MPDCon and Zipper

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Testers wanted for MPDCon and Zipper
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:10:32 +0100

Hi,

Wolfgang Lux wrote:
You may like it or not, but this part was correct. What you did then was
replacing poor code (using a modal panel where a non-modal panel should be
used) by even worse code (you now also have a space leak). Since the problem is
the close button of the panel you simply should have disabled the close box in
the panel for now.

You are right, I knew I introduced a memory leak, but better than a crash. I fixed that now by releasing the controller from the AppDelegate who alloc'd it in the first place. This is easy, since it is modal. I think it can stay modal, there is no gain in making it modeless for the preferences it holds, although i generally hate modal panels

Riccardo