Re: Ubuntu packages

From: Jens Alfke
Subject: Re: Ubuntu packages
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 11:35:56 -0800

On Mar 3, 2012, at 10:06 AM, Matthew Weinstein wrote:

So, help. Again, I'm trying this on Ubuntu, because I'm not a *nix guru. I was hoping just to be able to use the .debs out there. But aparently they are not fresh enough. How does one upgrade when there are no .debs a system which did install the basic (out of date) packages?

+1. I ran into this too (assuming .debs are what apt-get installs?) It would be great if these packages were kept more up to date with current releases, both of GNUstep and of the libobjc2 runtime.

(this is why I landed up fleeing linux years ago, alas)

Agreed. I like being able to focus on my own work, not on the infrastructure needed to start my work. :)

—Jens