Re: DBus Menu in Gtk theme

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: DBus Menu in Gtk theme
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 21:59:49 +0200

I did a tiny bit of investigation here, and for purposes of integrating with
Ubuntu (but not bringing in native Gtk menus, I'm afraid) -- we can make use of
libdbusmenu-glib. We could probably use DBusKit too, and send dbus messages
directly, but that way we might be risking breakage more than if we use a
Canonical-supported wrapper library.

Some useful code is in "java-swing-ayatana" project. If I extract their code
into an easily understandable minimal example of making use of
libdbusmenu-glib, I'll update the group.