Re: In regard to GNUmail.app and SMTP authentification

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: In regard to GNUmail.app and SMTP authentification
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:31:12 +0200

Hi,

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

SimpleWebKit/Vespucci should work, but well, how useful they are for you in the
state right now, i.e. especially the
rendering capabilities from SimpleWebKit, you decide ;)
:) Sad but true. Still, it browses our own documentation, so I use it for that!
Last time I tried FlexiSheet and Bean, I got them to start up, but then, I was
unable to use them, their code needs some love ;)
Grr (and RSSKit), are planned to have a new release soon. If you have problems
with them, let us know either here, or more
appropriate on the GAP mailing lists:
http://gap.nongnu.org/information/gethelp.html
FlexiSheet should work mostly, you should be able to make spreadsheets... change the views, etc. But the code indeed needs love, it is not finished on mac even. Bean should work instead - the code is quite usable on mac, thus if there are gross errors, they are a a gnustep problem. To start up Bean, a plist needs to be tweaked, see past pots on thhis mailing list.

Grr, RSSKit and other released GAP applications should work fine. You might want to subscribe to the gap mailing list to follow the latest work currently in progress on Cynthiune and for other questions.

Riccardo