Re: Problem compiling gnustep

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Problem compiling gnustep
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:49:51 +0100

On 3 Jun 2012, at 09:30, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> To be able to run successfully on FreeBSD9 your luck depends on the compiler
> and libobjc library.
>
> Sadly, obj-c support from the core gcc was removed (it was more than enough
> to compile gnsutep - I do that on freebsd 8.x)

The clang that ships with FreeBSD 9 is fine for compiling GNUstep.  FreeBSD 9.1
will include clang 3.1, and defaults to the non-fragile ABI and emitting
objc_msgSend() instead of the two-stage lookup on x86, x86-64 and ARM.

David
With my FreeBSD toolchain hat on.

--
This email complies with ISO 3103