Re: Chameleon - UIKit for Mac development

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Chameleon - UIKit for Mac development
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:05:07 +0200

Well actually at the moment somebody is working on implementing Core Animation for GNUstep and that somebody is you :-)

I think the Chameleon way of implementing UIKit is the most efficient one, developer wise. And if you get enough of CA in place it may even work on top of GNUstep. We should not waste any time on another way to do it, at least this is what we decided when we heard about Chameleon. For any non trivial UIKit application we will need most of the supporting libraries anyway, so lets start working on those and then try to use Chameleon on top of them.

Fred