Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages

From: Gerold Rupprecht
Subject: Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:57:50 +0200

Hi,

This seems to be due to a missing GPG signing key.

>From the "Debian Administrator's Handbook, Raphaël Hertzog and Roland Mas, 1212, ISBN: 979-10-91414-00-5 (paperback)
ISBN: 979-10-91414-01-2 (ebook)
http://debian-handbook.info/

see page 120

When a third-party package source is added to the sources.list file, APT
needs to be told about the corresponding GPG trusted key (otherwise it will keep complaining that it can't ensure the authenticity of the packages coming from that repository). The first step is of course to get the public key. More oen than not, the key will be provided as a small text file, which we'll call key.asc in the following examples.
To add the key to the trusted keyring, the administrator can run apt-key a dd < key.asc. Another way is to use the synaptic graphical interface: its “Authentication” tab in the Seings → Repositories menu gives the possibility
of importing a key from the key.asc file.
For people who would want a dedicated application and more details on the trusted keys, it is possible to use gui-apt-key (in the package of the same name), a small graphical user interface which manages the trusted keyring.

Disclaimer: I worked on proofreading this book - hope you like it!

Thanks for your efforts,

--
Gerold Rupprecht
10, rue Louis-Curval

Mobile: +41 79 914 29 52

On lun, 2012-07-23 at 17:19 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr> writes:

> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 08:49:23PM +0200, Philippe Roussel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Now that I have a somewhat automated build process it would be nice to
>> have some feedback on the result.
>>
>> I tried to use libobjc2, and did a preliminary debianization, but ran
>> into linking errors when using gcc 4.7 and didn't investigate much. If
>> someone is successfully using libojc2 with gcc 4.7 I would appreciate
>> any help.
>>
>> This time I built packages for precise and wheezy, for both i386 and amd64.
>> The packages list looks like :
>>  * gnustep-{make,base,gui,back} and related dev packages
>>  * addressmanager
>>  * agenda
>>  * cynthiune (didn't build for some configs)
>>  * easydiff
>>  * edenmath
>>  * gnumail
>>  * gorm
>>  * gworkspace
>>  * gnustep-examples
>>  * laternamagica
>>  * lusernet
>>  * notebook
>>  * poe
>>  * terminal
>>  * textedit
>>  * systempreferences
>>  * vindaloo (with iconkit and popplerkit from Etoile)
>>  * waiho
>>  * renaissance
>>  * zipper
>>  * helpviewer
>
> You can add
>
>  * projectcenter to the list

I see there is now the projectcenter.app too so I did:
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

--------------
Resolving dependencies...
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gnustep-back0.20{u} gnustep-back0.20-art{u} libgnustep-base1.22{u}
  libgnustep-gui0.20{u}
  linux-headers-3.2.0-3-amd64 linux-headers-3.2.0-3-common
  linux-image-3.2.0-3-amd64  linux-libc-dev projectcenter.app
5 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
Need to get 28.9 MB of archives. After unpacking 3850 kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
WARNING: untrusted versions of the following packages will be installed!

Untrusted packages could compromise your system's security.
You should only proceed with the installation if you are certain that
this is what you want to do.

  projectcenter.app

Do you want to ignore this warning and proceed anyway?
To continue, enter "Yes"; to abort, enter "No":

Now what can do to get rid of this message about untrusted packages?

> Thanks for the feedback so far.

Not at all. You'r welcome.