How is the best way to setup a gnustep project center / gorm development

From: Rose Bust
Subject: How is the best way to setup a gnustep project center / gorm development environment ?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:23:36 -0400

I'm trying to set up a learning environment where I can work through the
developer documents on from the gnustep website to get a better feel for
developing gnustep GUI apps.  I  have some experience developing under xcode.

A fresh install of gnustep, project center and gorm on both windows xp and
ubuntu (from binaries windows install executable and apt-get on ubuntu) does
not result in project center able to build simple template applications it
creates from a new project selection from its menu.  I can build the
application by running make from the command line but this sorta defeats the
reason to use an IDE such as project center.  Also just changing the project
centers preferences for the location of make didn't fix this issue.

So.. What is the best way to set up a new installation gnustep such that
project center and gorm just work together as they appear that they are
designed to do?  Is there an earlier release of gnustep where this is not a
problem?