Re: Mouse cursor update bug

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Mouse cursor update bug
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:29:46 +0200

Hi,

Stefan Bidi wrote:
I recently got the latest svn version of GUI and I am seeing a bug
that I thought had been fixed a while back.  The mouse cursor does not
get updated sometimes (see the attached screen shot).  I searched
savannah and only came up with bug 5871, which was closed in 2007.  I
cannot reliably reproduce the problem, but when it happens the cursor
remains this way until I restart the application.  Does this happen
with anyone else?  I'm using GNUstep from svn trunk, maybe 2 or 3 days
old.
Do you mean the cursor is the one of the operation previously done and does not "get back" to the standard cursor you expect in the context? In other words, it is the correct cursor for an operation you performed, not a random one, but it does not get replaced/reset to the correct current one.

I am unable to reproduce the problem consistently with a repeatable operation, but it does happen to me quite frequently, especially with GWorkspace with all the "resize" and "drag" operations. I end up almost always to have a messed up cursor :(

Riccardo