Re: PlayingSound

From: Steve Van Voorst
Subject: Re: PlayingSound
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 00:53:51 +0000 (GMT)

Ivan,

 << Try printing out the value of ctxt.>>

  ctxt = <ARTContext: 0x96cb068>

<<Try installing libobjc2 from GNUstep repositories, then recompiling and reinstalling all other parts of GNUstep you set up: -make, -base, -gui, -back and whatever other GNUstep component you use. (That also means you probably don't want to be using packages from Ubuntu repositories, in case you do use them.)>>

I have already installed libobjc2 by using the Ubuntu repository.  I am unable to tell if it is actually be used.  I really would like to be able to touch the innards of my Linux box and build everything from the ground up, but I am just not that savvy at this point; I'm new to the Linux/gnustep game.  That's one of the nice things about Ubuntu; most things actually work.  Unfortunately, my experiences with several other distributions were not so pleasant.  Since gnustep allows cross-platform development I am anxious to see if I can port my Mac demos to Linux.  So far it looks promising, although not everything is working so far.

Thanks.

Steve Van Voorst