Re: Drawing context

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Drawing context
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:29:10 +0200

Hi,
Greg reported me bug about Graphos and I think it is a GS bug, since it works on Mac.

During printing, objects should not drawn their editors (= shape or path handles). To do that, I use:

    if ([[NSGraphicsContext currentContext] isDrawingToScreen])
        [editor draw];

thus I suppose that on GS (cairo backend at least) it returns true even while printing.

Testing is simple: Launch graphos, select some shape, look at the handles, print (preview). The handles should not print. They do on GS, they don't on mac.

The bug appears to be backend specific: it works on xlib but not on cairo.

Riccardo