Re: libobjcxx

From: Kal Conley
Subject: Re: libobjcxx
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 08:33:50 +0200

Am 10/4/12 11:58 PM, schrieb David Chisnall:
> On 4 Oct 2012, at 22:49, Kal Conley wrote:
>
>> I think I need to link to libobjcxx in addition to libobjc but I am not
>> sure how I can get GNUstep build system to build it automatically
> You can't.  Please use the Makefile instead.  If you are on a GNU platform,
> you will have to do make -f Makefile.  On any other platform, just make will
> work.
>
> David
>
> -- Sent from my Difference Engine

Manually using dev-libs/libobjc2/Makefile seems less than ideal. I would
like to have libobjcxx put in GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries/ like
libobjc is. If I install with the 'Makefile' it wants to use
${PREFIX}/lib and ${PREFIX}/include so then I will have two copies of
the headers laying around. I could modify it, but if I am going to do
that, why not just modify the main GNUstep build system to include it in
the build?

Is there any reason why it is not built automatically? Can we make an
option to build it/not build it with the rest of GNUstep? I would
contribute patches, but I am not that familiar with the build system. I
was having trouble following the make target dependencies for libobjc.

Kal