Re: DBus Menu in Gtk theme

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: DBus Menu in Gtk theme
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 22:31:20 +0100

Hi Ivan,

On 14.11.2012 19:17, Ivan Vučica wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Niels Grewe <niels.grewe@halbordnung.de
> <mailto:niels.grewe@halbordnung.de>> wrote:
>
>     The problem is that DBusKit does not support exposing objects right now,
>     but since there is interest in this from somebody who is not me, I'm now
>     officially motivated/coerced to finally finish that part of DBusKit.
>     Most of the difficult parts are done, but I'm still lacking code that
>     takes care of registering exported objects with the D-Bus daemon.
>

> Just checking: was some work done here?

Yes, quite a bit, though mostly under-the-hood stuff. Registration of
objects is working and they can be messaged from other D-Bus peers. The
problem is that at the moment, you kinda would have to hand-craft the
information required by DBusKit to map Obj-C methods to D-Bus methods. I
have bits of code here and there that automates this, but I didn't get
to around to bringing it into a usable state.

Also WIP are D-Bus property support and outgoing notifications/signals.
IIrc, you need the latter for DBus menus. I hope that I'd be able to
work more on that soon.

Cheers,

Niels