Problem with gnustep-make

From: Richard Stonehouse
Subject: Problem with gnustep-make
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:33:36 +0000

I had a problem installing frameworks with GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_LIBRARIES set to /usr/lib64 and the frameworks in /usr/lib/GNUstep/Frameworks. 'make install' generates an incorrect symlink in /usr/lib64. The link should point back to the shared library object in the framework, but does not.

The cause seems to be in the script /usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/relative_path.sh

The command:

relative_path.sh /usr/lib64 /usr/lib/GNUstep/Frameworks/PreferencePanes.framework/Versions/Current short

gives result:

../GNUstep/Frameworks/PreferencePanes.framework/Versions/Current

which is wrong.

The attached patch, to make one of the comparisons in the script a bit more precise, causes it produce the correct relative path:

../lib/GNUstep/Frameworks/PreferencePanes.framework/Versions/Current

With this patch applied, the symlinks are now generated correctly and I don't see any bad side-effects.

--
    Richard Stonehouse