Re: LSUIElement

From: Abhi Beckert
Subject: Re: LSUIElement
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:19:24 +1000

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Abhi Beckert <abhi-l@abhibeckert.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
You don't have to use this GTK function to achieve this. If you set the window level of a GNUstep window to almost anything but NSNormalWindowLevel it will get the skip taskbar atom (_NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR) set. But remember this is on a per window base.

I just tried setting the window level to various constants, and also tried switching the super class from NSWindow to NSPanel, but it is still always in the task bar for me (on Linux Mint).

Actually, I was wrong. I was setting the window level in my init method, moving it to awkeFromNib instead worked, the window is no-longer visible in the task switcher.

That seems like a pretty massive incompatibility between Cocoa and GNUstep? In Cocoa/UIKit properties for interface builder are set using NSCoding, so they are already in place during the init process, instead of later on.

Thanks for your help.
- Abhi