Re: GWorkspace ddbd dying when mdextractor connects

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GWorkspace ddbd dying when mdextractor connects
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:45:30 +0100

On 17.02.2013 17:33, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
On 02/16/13 22:47, Fred Kiefer wrote:
There is one strange thing I see in the code in ddbd.m. You don't
retain the connection, still you release it in the -dealloc method.
Most likely you should retain it in the -init method. Forgetting that,
together with this code in main():
are you sure that defaultConnection returns an autoreleased object? I
thought it to be equivalent of "new", just acting as a singleton.

As I wrote, I am no expert here. I can just say that not retaining an object, but releasing it in the dealloc method looks wrong. Factory methods may return global objects that will stay around long enough, but then you should not release them.

This may not be the cause of your problem, it is just wrong and should be changed.

Fred