Re: GWorkspace ddbd dying when mdextractor connects

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace ddbd dying when mdextractor connects
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:23:00 +0100

Hi,

Ivan Vučica wrote:

If you want to have a right to release such an object, you need to retain it.

Since the selector "defaultConnection" doesn't start with either of the strings named above, it's either autoreleased, a singleton or nil. Without looking at the code, I'd guess it's some class's class method and returns a singleton. Either way, having not been the one to instantiate the singleton (it did it itself), you can't release it.
I agree here. I thus removed the release of the connection.

I doubt however this will solve the crash, since at most we would get a release problem on ddbd closure.

Riccardo