Re: Trouble running current SVN GNUStep

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Trouble running current SVN GNUStep
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:52:17 +0100

On 02.03.2013 11:17, Luis Garcia Alanis wrote:
Hello guys,

I got the most recent svn of GNUstep, clang, llvm and libobjc2.

I was able to compile until I got to the backend. building it core dumps.

I noticed this when running gopen:
Module
/home/luis/src/gnustep/libobjc2//home/luis/src/gnustep/libobjc2/Protocol2.m
version 9 doesn't match runtime 8
Aborted (core dumped)

So it seems there is a  version incompatibility of some sort.

Any ideas?

Most likely you have an inconsistent system. Some of your code may have been compiled and linked with an older version and now you link that with code that was linked to the newer one. Best to start off from scratch and recompile everything in the correct order.

Fred