Re: GNUstep distro

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep distro
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 18:40:02 +0200

Hi Liam,

On 05/10/13 14:20, Liam Proven wrote:
The VM runs rather nicely under VMware, but unfortunately, I can't
`sudo` (don't know the root password) and so I can't install the
VMware guest additions, meaning that I can't reset the screen
resolution or anything.
Sudo uses your user password...

Developer (password GNUstep) :)

I found it slightly odd that, in a desktop with a Dock included, you
made all the app launchers desktop icons - that's one of the things
the Dock is for, isn't it? :¬)
I don't think that it is for that, Apple users tend to use it for that :) The dock is mostly for running stuff. Or you end with an infinite dock bar, I consider it bad usage. On my mack i never have more than a dozen of items  On GWorkspace you also have the tabbed shelf, with convenient tabs.
Also, the desktop is more suitable for a lot of applications and works also well for smaller screens, like a VM can have.

At the end there are so many different ways that it it is almost confusing, to anyone its own.

Riccardo